In case you are wondering how I got so smart (or alternatively how I could possibly be so dull-brained) below is a short list of materials I have read or am currently reading. I’m sure there are citations missing so don’t be afraid to pass along suggestions.
- A Global View of Waste Management by Antonis Mavropoulos. A straight laced waste blog from a professional in the field
- Clear Impression Documentation Services by Brooks Anderson. An India based blog about “solid waste, social change, and other stuff.”
- Bhada-Tata, Perinaz. “The Potential or Waste to Energy in India.” v11, i5, 2010 Waste Management World. http://bit.ly/c1BAIm
Books and Private Reports
- Tammemagi, Hans. The Waste Crisis. Oxford University Press. New York, 1999. http://bit.ly/cegKuq
- “Solid Waste Management.” TERI Press. Looking Back to Change Track. New Delhi, 2006. http://bit.ly/bwNJEH
- Lal, Banwari and MRVP Reddy (Ed). TERI Press. Wealth from Waste (2nd Ed.). New Delhi, 2006. http://bit.ly/9ylhH5
- Da Zhu et al. Improving Municipal Solid Waste Management in India. The World Bank. Washington D.C., 2008. http://bit.ly/9RwDY3
- Royte, Elizabeth. Garbage Land. Little Brown and Co. New York, 2005. http://bit.ly/blqVem
- Solid Waste Management In the World’s Cities. United Nations Human Settlements Programme. London, 2010. http://bit.ly/9C8Xvd
- Philippe Chalmin and Catherine Gaillochet. From Waste to Resource: World Waste Survey 2009.Economica Ltd., Autumn 2009. (Sponsored by Veolia Environmental Services) http://bit.ly/f4N3SJ
- Municipal Solid Waste Report.1995. India
- Municipal Solid Waste Management and Handling Rules. 2000. India
- EPA Website on Municipal Solid Waste, US Facts and Figures.